Country church at the village of St. Albans

_DSC6779

 

St. Albans, a small and historic village, is situated on the banks of Macdonald river about 100 kms north west of Sydney. It had a population of 72 people at the 2006 census. St. Albans Anglican Church was proposed in 1842 and a timber church was built a year after. The timber building was burnt down and the stone church was built at 1863 at the same place.